NP_MediaboxAdv for Nucleus

Post your new plugins here!
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm just saying the delay is only on the index page and not on any individual page, so it might be caused by the various elements being on the same page.

All you may need to do is to adjust the number of items shown on the index page, dropping it one by one until the delay goes away. That might give an idea of where the delay is coming from. No need to start over, just strategically limit what shows up on the index page by modifying skinvars and maybe the times of the items so you can see if order matters.
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello Patrick,
The video you have is in a different format which nonverblaster:hover doesn't play. If I switch it back to quicktime default player then it will play. The only problem with the quicktime player is that you have to define the size when you post the movie

here is your mov video in action with quicktime

http://www.ltooz.com/love/?itemid=3

I'll have to look at the scripts to see the best way to play all types of .mov encoding. All other .mov would play except yours .mov.

Thanks for bringing this up,

Louis
being.well.is.being.passionate.n.productive.
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Thx for looking into this.

OK for the .mov but why doesn't it play .mp4 files in a playlist? Same problem resulting from my convertor program? (Total Video Convertor)

I'll see if I can find a different convertor.

Thx again.

In the meantime I converted my video to swf and used lightbox[flash] and the video played!
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 pm

If you use converter,
go here to use this free and solid converter
http://www.ltooz.com/ltooz341/item/creating-flash-video-flv-using-super
You can make any type of videos from swf, flv, mov, mp4 and they're compliant with all players.
I don't see your mp4.
Thanks for letting me know, it's your converter problem not the Player problem.
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Thx for the tip and for all the help.

I removed the .mp4. But problem solved! At least the .swf works and it's not a bad format for web video.

Thanks to all who have helped!
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 am

Paktrik,
I posted the v1.0.1 on the website which uses Quicktime for .mov files, and your file will work.

Cheers,

Louis
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Thx for the new version. It works.

I only wonder why you get controls on the player in the example on your site and I don't.

greetz,
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:27 pm

With Quicktime player, you have to define the size to fit your video. It's a little troublesome compared to shadowbox or fancybox, that's why I use all 3 because each one has its pluses and minuses.

Cheers,

Louis
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm

I still have some questions and remarks about this plugin, if you don't mind.

First of all, I like to repeat my question on the controls because I don't understand your answer. Ik think for this plugin to be a success it is imperative that some controls are available. Like a pause"-button and a bar indicating the downloaded quantity and the already played part of the video. A "full screen" button would be appreciated too. In my opinion, if these possibilties are not available, I see little reason not to put the video's simply on youtube and have all of that, but only missing the nice effect of lightbox.

Second thing is the size of the video. Is it correct that maximum size is 320px240px or the equivalent on 16:9? I would like it a little bigger, max 640x480. The size of the black background should be adjustable. When I paly my video it has two very wide black ribbons to left and right because the default size seems to be a 16:9 size.

Please correct me if I see things wrong or explain how I (and other users) could have more possibilities to set desired settings.

Greetz
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 am

I spent sunday evening and monday morning trying to make this plugin work. I think it's time to move on because of too many flaws.

1. mp4 won't play at all, no matter what video converter is used. The file plays fine in the browser.
2. no bar, no pause-button,...
3. size doesn't adjust to size of the movie

Unless some serious work is done with this plugin, I would not recommend it to anyone. Maybe the problem lies in the NonverBlaster-Hover Player ....

I also tried fancybox and that one works with no problems. Only it misses the nice transparent effect of advmedia plugin. It's not so fancy :D
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 am

Patrik,
I'm really sorry that I forgot to mention in the usage is that you need to edit the "mediaboxAdv-1.2.0.js" and search for nonverblaster and change the path of your Nonverblaster.swf

Thanks for bringing this up. It should work now for mp4.

Since you're already at the edit, you can change the nonverblaster.swf option to "false" then you can use the jwplayer as default. Make sure you give the "player.swf" the correct path.

Please remember, all players must have the correct url paths of your domain.com for any of them to work. ex: "http://www.londoh.com/weblog/nucleus/plugins/mediaboxadv/Nonverblaster.swf" and jwplayer ="http://www.londoh.com/weblog/nucleus/plugins/mediaboxadv/player.swf"

If you want to change ".mov" to have default player "nonverblaster" or "jwplayer", search for flv and add the .mov in the "video" container.

For the fullscreen, quicktime plugin does not resize and have fullscreen options. Use the nonverblaster player will have fullscreen option and resize automatically.

Cheers,

Louis[/img]
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Louis,

If I use JWPlayer I have fewer problems. I have a bar and a pause-button. With NonverBlaster-Hover I have a lot of difficulties: no bar, no pause-button and no automatic resize. I only get automatic resize with pictures not with videos. They appear all in the same size.

NP_flashvideo and fancybox work better. With fancybox I had a tester complaining it wouldn't open in IE8. I tried it and also had problems. Without doing anything to it I tried it again a few hours later and had no problem. Strange.

To cut a long story short: there is definitvely something wrong wit NonverBlaster or the settings of that player in the code.

After three days of experimenting I have to move on to other things. Thx for all the assistance and hopefully, one day, the plugin will be ready for use for a normal user, who downloads the plugin, installs it, sets the options, uploads his video and then can publish without any trouble.

Thx!
ltoozcms

NP_MediaboxAdv134.zip is ready

Postby ltoozcms » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Hello all,
The new NP_MediaboxAdv134.zip is ready for download. This version will support html5 and the new iframe youtube which support ipad, iphone, itouch...

http://www.ltooz.com/ltooz341/item/np_mediaboxadv-plugin-for-nucleuscms

Cheers,

Louis
PakTrik

MediaBoxAdb134

Postby PakTrik » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 am

Trying to install the new version gives me an error.

Action log says: probably parsing error. I'm stuck

:roll:
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Did you uninstall the old version?
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Yes, I did.
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Patrik,
Thanks for letting me know the problem, the zip file was wrong. Please download this correct one with the correct folder.

in the head put this instead of the older version <%MediaboxAdv%>

<%MediaboxAdv134%>

You can leave both of them there so later you can use either versions.

Please let me know how it works out for you. Sorry for not updating the procedure.

Cheers,

Louishttp://www.ltooz.com/download/NP_MediaboxAdv134.zip
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Downlaoded the new zip-file. Copied to plugins on server and installed without error.

Changed the head.inc file and uploaded.

But using the code "MediaboxAdv134" doesn't show anything: no thumbnail, so no way to get the picture in a box.

greetz,
ltoozcms

Postby ltoozcms » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Patrik,
For using with pictures <%MediaboxAdv(picturesfolder)%>
<%MediaboxAdv(picturefolder(1))%>
<%MediaboxAdv(urlofpicture.jpg)%>

picture folder must be in the media folder.

It's a little confusing because the head <%MediaboxAdv%> but the call for pictures is <%MediaboxAdv()%>.

I think I'll change it. Try it and let me know.

Thanks,

Louis
PakTrik

Postby PakTrik » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:53 pm

@Louis,

I think I use the code well since MediaboxAdv works perfectly but MediaboxAdv134 doesn't.

Code: Select all

<%MediaboxAdv134(popups(1))%>                => no thumbnail

<%MediaboxAdv(popups(1))%>                   => thumbnail + onclick box

greetz

Return to “Plugin Development”