Upgrade LMNucleus 3.66 to Nucleus 3.70?

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.

Postby jacy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 am

Can I follow the upgrade procedure to take a LMNucleus site back to Nucleus?

Also, which version of PHP is LMNucleus 3.66 and Nucleus 3.7 compatible with? My server is running a version of PHP that's going out of support and I need to update but I'm hesitant to break Nucleus. I've been running the same original installation and database since 2004, just applying upgrades along the way.

Postby dis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 am

Sorry, this is late, but I'll post a reply anyway in case anyone else has a similar question in future :)

It should be fine, I have been mixing and matching LMNucleus bits and Japanese Team Github bits for the last few years and things seem to mostly be working ok :) Though sometimes the plugins may give a little trouble, but most things seem to be fixable so far.

Just make sure you back everything up - files as well as database - before you start your update!

I think I was having a PHP incompatibility problem a while ago too, but right now v3.71 from Github seems to be working quite well.

Note: to go from 3.70 to 3.71, I had to run a database upgrade. It went smoothly though, and I haven't noticed any problems yet! :D

Return to “General Questions”