Help needed at configuring Nucelus (3.70)

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
being_new

Postby being_new » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello!
Let me try my to describe my problem:
About a year ago I started my blog with Nucleus (3.70), which I find very nice and useful. I set it up for a domain (lernkunde.de) in a subdir, but meanwhile I decided to use the main domain (lernkultur.com/weblog/) and let the first domain run out.
I changed all the URLs in the settings in the Nucleus admin section, but all links remain showing the old domain in the urls.
Form header.inc I found out that the variable responsible for this should be <%sitevar(url)%> in the header (http://lernkultur.com/weblog/ - it's the first place where the false link shows up and I started to trace ... )
Additionally, all links created in both, the default page as well as the item page show that old domain ...
Can anyone give me a hint where this variable is getting its content from (if not from the admin/Settings page)? Or how I could force Nucleus to reload it properly?

Thanky a lot for caring and being willing to help!
Kindly,
Helmut
dis

Postby dis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 am

Hmm, I think the two main places to check would be blog settings and "configuration - general settings" in the admin area. That's mostly where the default urls would be saved.

Other than that you might want to check the files in the Templates and Skins admin sections, and also your skin files in your Skins folder, if you made any custom changes that contained a hardcoded url.

Hope this helps! :D
being_new

Postby being_new » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello dis!
Sincere thanks for your input! Meanwhile I found the culprit. ;)
There's a file "fanyurls.config.php" which - when edited and set - re-writes some $CONF()-variables ... in there (presumably at first installation time) was set the old domain as "$CONF('self') ... I haven't looked or researched any further as to why this "correction" is there ... it's probly a left over.
Anyway: My problem with this is solved!
dis

Postby dis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Oh! You mean fancyurls.config.php in the extra subfolder? I have never used the fancy urls plugin myself, so I never even thought of that! *lol* :) Sorry, troubleshooting help fail, but I'm glad you figured it out in the end! :mrgreen:

[Edit: if you don't want to use it you can disable the plugin as a quick fix, too!]
being_new

Postby being_new » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Don't worry, dis! You were of great help nevertheless, for which I'm still grateful! :) The best, Helmut

Return to “General Questions”