Fix for NP_TechnoratiTags

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
dis

Postby dis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:31 am

I found version 0.9.7 of this plugin and updated it with Leo's fix as described here http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21209. Updated the version to 0.9.8 and am uploading it here in case anyone else wants to use it. Of course the Technorati and Delicious parts don't work properly anymore, but it has a local cloud function that may still work for local tagging purposes. I'm not sure, I'm still testing it myself. If anyone can fix it or update it further, please do! :D
Attachments
NP_TechnoratiTags-0_9_8.zip
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
yama

Postby yama » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am

dis

Postby dis » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks very much yama! I am testing it now. I keep having a problem with the tag urls. They always come out with an extra index.php, eg.

Code: Select all

http://website.com/index.php/tags.php?tag=hello+testing

The more you click on the links the more index.phps they add to the url, eg.

Code: Select all

http://website.com/index.php/index.php/index.php/tags.php?tag=hello+testing

I tried to change things in the main index.php for the site, and also settings in NP_MultipleCategories, to see if it would help, but so far it has not worked. I used to have a copy that worked and am trying to figure out what the difference was. Will update if I manage to figure it out.
yama

Postby yama » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:49 am

Thank you for information. I do not know the usage of this plugin. Would you tell me the reproduction procedure?
dis

Postby dis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 am

Hi yama, I found some of the old usage info for this plugin (it adds tags functionality to the blog) and am trying to make it work again now. One of the instructions is "You might need to change the blog URL from blog setting to remove the "/index.php" suffix." I thought I already did that, but I will try installing everything from scratch again now that I have the proper instructions. Maybe I did it wrong the first time when I didn't have the instructions. I've attached a zip file with the old information for this plugin, in case anyone is interested. (Or in case you want to add it to GitHub) I will update again with my progress (or lack of it!) after I have reinstalled the plugin :D Thanks very much for your help!
Attachments
technoratitags.zip
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
yama

Postby yama » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:46 am

Would you try this?

NP_TechnoratiTags.zip
(6.91 KiB)
dis

Postby dis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:16 am

oh my gosh it worked!!!!!!!! whoohoo!!!!!!! :mrgreen: Thank you very much yama! I'm so happy I have tags again! :lol:
dis

Postby dis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:52 am

hmm, it has suddenly stopped working... but i am not sure why. i haven't changed anything in the set up. the url is correct but it only loads the whole blog (like calling index.php), instead of loading the tag search results. it was working before. i wonder if my webhost changed something...
dis

Postby dis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:39 am

ok, strange. it works with one skin but not with another. i wonder if NP Skin Chooser makes a difference somehow. i will have to investigate further :)
dis

Postby dis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:53 am

Ok, solved :) I can't believe I spent all day trying to figure this out :)

There is a problem with NP Technorati Tags if you use NP Skin Chooser. Basically you can really only have one default skin at a time.
NP Technorati Tags will work with whatever skin is set as the default in the blog settings and configuration options.
If you use NP SkinChooser dropdown to switch to a different skin that is not the blog default, NP Technorati Tags may not work properly.
(In my case, clicking on a tag link just causes it to keep loading the index page, showing all posts instead of the tag search results.)

I don't know if anyone still uses this plugin, but I'm leaving a note of this here just in case. I should actually have posted this to the Technorati Tags thread, I guess. Oops :) I will leave a crosspost there to link to this in case anyone is looking for an answer to this issue.

Return to “General Questions”